Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 August 2014

Typewriting as Physical Exercise

One hundred years ago, newspapers in country towns in the Australian states of New South Wales and Victoria were preoccupied with the physicality of typewriting:
Published in 1914 in The Wyalong Advocate and Mining, Agricultural and Pastoral Gazette; Stawell News and Pleasant Creek Chronicle; The Picton Post
Published in 1914 in the Malvern Standard; Prahran Chronicle
Published in 1914 in the Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate
Published in 1914 in the Great Southern Herald 

3 comments:

shordzi said...

First thing in the evening, and first thing in the morning, I read my ozTypewriter column.

Richard P said...

Mr. Unthan! I've run across him before and he appeared in ETCetera. He was an excellent violinist and wrote a book called The Pediscript.

Bill M said...

Interesting articles.

I got back into typing and typewriters and started bloggin all because I wanted to do PT for my hands when I crashed my bicycle and broke my hand.

I never realized typing expended so much energy.